Open Board position for Fundraising Committee Chair
We are seeking a new Fundraising Committee Chair. This is an exciting moment in our 20-year history, as we have a dedicated group of board members and volunteers eager to expand our impact and positively affect the lives of families in need this Thanksgiving season. Our annual fundraising event, Dancing with Our Columbus Stars, is celebrating its 5th year and has established itself as an exceptional gala occasion.
As the newest member of our board, you will have the exceptional opportunity to collaborate with the outgoing Fundraising Chair. In addition to board member responsibilities, the Fundraising Committee Chair will oversee the following:
● Strategic Leadership & Planning: Work in conjunction with the board and committee to develop and maintain a fundraising development and management strategy.
● Lead a collaborative team of 5-10 committee members to brainstorm, prioritize, develop, and implement a comprehensive strategy with fundraising targets and a diverse mix of funding sources.
● Research and identify sources of funding from a diverse mix of sources (grants, corporate, individuals, etc.)
● Development: Responsible for building a team that will focus on the creation and development of a one to three-year fundraising plan.
● Implementation & Execution: Leads and provides guidance to the Fundraising committee with the execution of fundraising strategies and campaigns, implementation of plans, and education of committees/volunteers and all organization stakeholders. Facilitates monthly committee meetings and reports to the board on activities. Executes fundraising campaigns. Source a grant writing expert/volunteer to pursue a variety of grant opportunities locally.
● Donor Relations & Solicitations: Identity, develop, and maintain ongoing relationships with Corporate Partners (organizational giving and corporate match) and individuals (one-time gifts and recurring giving). Lead donor communications – email, direct mail, social media, phone calls, in-person meetings, and presentations in cooperation with the Marketing & Communications Committee.
Qualities we are looking for
● Passion and commitment to the organization’s mission and strategic directions
● Prior experience and proven track record in fundraising and grants management
● Advanced project management skills with excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
● Budget Administration experience
● Experience securing cash or gift-in-kind donations from donors
● Comfortable delegating work projects while maintaining oversight
● Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
● Prior non-profit board experience preferred
● Direct Leadership experience preferred
● Volunteer and/or non-profit management experience preferred
● 2-year term with 6-8 Monthly, virtual board meetings per year (1.5 hours)
● Participate in committee meetings and related work (2-4 hours per month as determined by the committee)
If you’re interested in this position, please fill out the form below and a Board member will be with you soon.